If thee shall go in search of knowledge thou shall come across a truth & the ultimate truth is Allah

Tuesday 22 June 2021

BATTLES - TRENCH

 

TRENCH "AHZAB" BATTLE OF KHANDUQ



(1) Trench “Ahzab” Prophet (s) praying
Defeat the confederates

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 80, Number 6392:

Narrated Ibn Abi Aufa:

Allah's Apostle (s) asked for Allah's wrath upon the Ahzab (confederates), saying, "O Allah, the Revealer of the Holy Book, and the One swift at reckoning! Defeat the confederates; Defeat them and shake them."

 (2) “Ahzab” TRENCH Gabriel visited saying
“I have not put down my arms”

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 56, Number 2813:

Narrated 'Aisha:

When Allah's Apostle (s) returned on the day (of the battle) of Al-Khandaq (i.e. Trench), he put down his arms and took a bath. Then Gabriel, whose head was covered with dust, came to him saying, "You have put down your arms! By Allah, I have not put down my arms yet." Allah's Apostle (s) said, "Where (to go now)?" Gabriel said, "This way," pointing towards the tribe of Bani Quraiza. So Allah's Apostle (s) went out towards them.

(3) Prophet (s) & Companions missed Asar prayer

Bukhari Volume 1, Book 9, Number 596: [Also see Vol 5 No 4111, 4112, Vol 6 No 4533]

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

On the day of Al-Khandaq (the battle of trench) 'Umar bin Al-Khattab came cursing the disbelievers of Quraysh after the sun had set and said, "O Allah's Apostle I could not offer the 'Asr prayer till the sun had set." The Prophet (s) said, "By Allah! I, too, have not prayed." So we turned towards Buthan, and the Prophet (s) performed ablution and we too performed ablution and offered the 'Asar prayer after the sun had set, and then he offered the Maghrib prayer.

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 80, Number 6396:

Narrated 'Ali bin Abi Talib:

We were in the company of the Prophet (s) on the day (of the battle) of Al-Khandaq (the Trench). The Prophet (s) said, "May Allah fill their (the infidels') graves and houses with fire, as they have kept us so busy that we could not offer the middle prayer till the sun had set; and that prayer was the 'Asr prayer."

 (4) Battle of Trench – Digging

(33) CHAPTER. Rousing and exhorting people to fight. And the Statement of Allah: “Urge the believers to fight..... (V.8:65)

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 56, Number 2834: [3796, 3797, 4099, 7201]

Narrated Anas:

Allah's Apostle (s) went towards the Khanduq (i.e. Trench) and saw the Emigrants and the Ansar digging in a very cold morning as they did not have slaves to do that for them. When he noticed their fatigue and hunger he said, "O Allah! The real life is that of the Here-after, (so please) forgive the Ansar and the Emigrants." In its reply the Emigrants and the Ansar said, "We are those who have given a pledge of allegiance to Muhammad (s) that we will carry on Jihad as long as we live."

(34) CHAPTER. The digging of the Khanduq (trench);

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 56, Number 2835:

Narrated Anas:

The Emigrants and the Ansar started digging the trench around Medina carrying the earth on their backs and saying, "We are those who have given a pledge of allegiance to Muhammad that we will I carry on Jihad as long as we live." The Prophet (s) kept on replying, "O Allah, there is no good except the good of the Hereafter; so confer Your Blessings on the Ansar and the Emigrants."

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 56, Number 2836:

Narrated Al-Bara:

The Prophet (s) went on carrying (i.e. the earth) and saying, "Without You (O Allah!) we would have got no guidance."

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 56, Number 2837:

Narrated Al-Bara:

On the day (of the battle) of Al-Ahzab (i.e. clans) I saw the Prophet (s) carrying earth, and the earth was covering the whiteness of his abdomen. And he was saying, "Without You (O Allah!) We would have got no guidance, nor given in charity, nor prayed. So please bless us with tranquility and make firm our feet when we meet our enemies.

Indeed (these) people have rebelled against (oppressed) us but never shall we yield if they try to bring affliction upon us." [3034]

(5) Food shortage
Prophet (s) blessed was sufficient for all

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 64, Number 4101:

Narrated Jabir:

We were digging (the trench) on the day of (Al-Khandaq (i.e. Trench) and we came across a big solid rock. We went to the Prophet (s) and said, "Here is a rock appearing across the trench." He said, "I am coming down." Then he got up, and a stone was tied to his belly for we had not eaten anything for three days. So the Prophet (s) took the spade and struck the big solid rock and it became like sand. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Allow me to go home." (When the Prophet (s) allowed me) I said to my wife, "I saw the Prophet (s) in a state that I cannot treat lightly. Have you got something (for him to eat) She replied, "I have barley and a she goat." So I slaughtered the she-kid and she ground the barley; then we put the meat in the earthenware cooking pot. Then I came to the Prophet (s) when the dough had become soft and fermented and (the meat in) the pot over the stone trivet had nearly been well-cooked, and said, "I have got a little food prepared, so get up O Allah's Apostle, you and one or two men along with you (for the food)." The Prophet (s) asked, "How much is that food?" I told him about it. He said, "It is abundant and good. Tell your wife not to remove the earthenware pot from the fire and not to take out any bread from the oven till I reach there." Then he said (to all his companions), "Get up." So the Muhajirin (i.e. Emigrants) and the Ansar got up. When I came to my wife, I said, "Allah's Mercy be upon you! The Prophet (s) came along with the Muhajirin and the Ansar and those who were present with them." She said, "Did the Prophet (s) ask you (how much food you had)?" I replied, "Yes." Then the Prophet (s) said, "Enter and do not throng." The Prophet (s) started cutting the bread (into pieces) and put the cooked meat over it. He covered the earthenware pot and the oven whenever he took something out of them. He would give the food to his companions and take the meat out of the pot. He went on cutting the bread and scooping the meat (for his companions) till they all ate their fill, and even then, some food remained. Then the Prophet (s) said (to my wife), "Eat and present to others as the people are struck with hunger."

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 64, Number 4102:

Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah:

When the Trench was dug, I saw the Prophet (s) in the state of severe hunger. So I returned to my wife and said, "Have you got anything (to eat), for I have seen Allah's Apostle in a state of severe hunger." She brought out for me, a bag containing one S’a of barley, and we had a domestic she animal (i.e. a kid) which I slaughtered then, and my wife ground the barley and she finished at the time I finished my job (i.e. slaughtering the kid). Then I cut the meat into pieces and put it in an earthenware (cooking) pot, and returned to Allah's Apostle. My wife said, "Do not disgrace me in front of Allah's Apostle and those who are with him." So I went to him and said to him secretly, "O Allah's Apostle! I have slaughtered a she-animal (i.e. kid) of ours, and we have ground a Sa’s of barley which was with us. So please come, you and another person along with you." The Prophet (s) raised his voice and said, "O people of Trench! Jabir has prepared a meal so let us go." Allah's Apostle said to me, "Don't put down your earthenware meat pot (from the fireplace) or bake your dough till I come." So I came (to my house) and Allah's Apostle too, came, proceeding before the people. When I came to my wife, she said, "May Allah do so-and-so to you." I said, "I have told the Prophet (s) of what you said." Then she brought out to him (i.e. the Prophet the dough and he spat in it and invoked for Allah's Blessings in it. Then he proceeded towards our earthenware meat-pot and spat in it and invoked for Allah's Blessings in it. Then he said (to my wife). Call a lady-baker to bake along with you and keep on taking out scoops from your earthenware meat-pot, and do not put it down from its fireplace." They were one-thousand (who took their meals), and by Allah they all ate, and when they left the food and went away, our earthenware pot was still bubbling (full of meat) as if it had not decreased, and our dough was still being baked as if nothing had been taken from it.

(6) Shortage of food Prophet (s) 2 stones on stomach
Pangs of hunger

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 64, Number 4101:

Narrated Jabir:

We were digging (the trench) on the day of (Al-Khandaq (i.e. Trench) and we came across a big solid rock. We went to the Prophet (s) and said, "Here is a rock appearing across the trench." He said, "I am coming down." Then he got up, and a stone was tied to his belly for we had not eaten anything for three days. So the Prophet (s) took the spade and struck the big solid rock and it became like sand. I said, "O Allah's Apostle (s)! Allow me to go home." (When the Prophet (s) allowed me) I said to my wife, "I saw the Prophet (s) in a state that I cannot treat lightly. Have you got something (for him to eat?" She replied, "I have barley and a she goat." So I slaughtered the she-kid and she ground the barley; then we put the meat in the earthenware cooking pot. Then I came to the Prophet (s) when the dough had become soft and fermented and (the meat in) the pot over the stone trivet had nearly been well-cooked, and said, "I have got a little food prepared, so get up O Allah's Apostle (s), you and one or two men along with you (for the food)." The Prophet (s) asked, "How much is that food?" I told him about it. He said, "It is abundant and good. Tell your wife not to remove the earthenware pot from the fire and not to take out any bread from the oven till I reach there." Then he said (to all his companions), "Get up." So the Muhajirn (i.e. Emigrants) and the Ansar got up. When I came to my wife, I said, "Allah's Mercy be upon you! The Prophet (s) came along with the Muhajirin and the Ansar and those who were present with them." She said, "Did the Prophet (s) ask you (how much food you had)?" I replied, "Yes." Then the Prophet (s) said, "Enter and do not throng." The Prophet (s) started cutting the bread (into pieces) and put the cooked meat over it. He covered the earthenware pot and the oven whenever he took something out of them. He would give the food to his companions and take the meat out of the pot. He went on cutting the bread and scooping the meat (for his companions) till they all ate their fill, and even then, some food remained. Then the Prophet (s) said (to my wife), "Eat and present to others as the people are struck with hunger."

(7) Asar prayers difference of opinion on orders
accepted by Prophet (s)

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 64, Number 4119:

Narrated Ibn Umar:

On the day of Al-Ahzab (i.e. Clans) the Prophet (s) said, "None of you Muslims should offer the 'Asar prayer but at Banu Quraiza's place." The 'Asr prayer became due for some of them on the way. Some of those said, "We will not offer it till we reach it, the place of Banu Quraiza," while some others said, "No, we will pray at this spot, for the Prophet (s) did not mean that for us." Later on it was mentioned to the Prophet (s) and he did not berate any of the two groups.

(8) Prediction after Trench
Quraysh lost power now Muslims will attack

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 64, Number 4110:

Narrated Sulaiman bin Surd:

When the clans were driven away, I heard the Prophet (s) saying, "From now onwards we will go to attack them (i.e. the infidels) and they will not come to attack us, but we will go to them."

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 64, Number 4109:

Narrated Sulaiman bin Surd:

On the day of Al-Ahzab (i.e. clans) the Prophet (s) said, (After this battle) we will go to attack them (i.e. the infidels) and they will not come to attack us."

No comments:

Post a Comment