If thee shall go in search of knowledge thou shall come across a truth & the ultimate truth is Allah

Friday 27 August 2021

COMPANIONS USMAN - CALUMNY

 USMAN CALUMNY   


(1) Trouble mongers looking for excuses to erupt slander against Usman

(19) CHAPTER. The Statement of Allah; "Those of you who turned back on the day the two hosts met (i.e. the battle of Uhud) it was Shaitan (Satin) who caused them to backslide  (run away from the battlefield) because of some (sins) they had earned. But Allah indeed has forgiven them. Surely, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Forbearing." (V 3:155)

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 64, Number 4066:

Narrated 'Uthman bin Mauhab:

A man came to perform the Hajj to (Allah's) House. Seeing some people sitting, he said, "Who are these sitting people?" Somebody said, "They are the people of Quraish." He said, "Who is the old man?" They said, "Ibn 'Umar." He went to him and said, "I want to ask you about something; will you tell me about it? I ask you with the respect due to the sanctity of this (Sacred) House, do you know that 'Uthman bin 'Affan fled on the day of Uhud?" Ibn 'Umar said, "Yes." He said, "Do you know that he (i.e. 'Uthman) was absent from the Badar (battle) and did not join it?" Ibn 'Umar said, "Yes." He said, "Do you know that he failed to be present at the Ridwan Pledge of allegiance (i.e. Pledge of allegiance at Hudybia) and did not witness it?" Ibn 'Umar replied; "Yes," He then said; "Allahu-Akbar!" Ibn 'Umar said, "Come along; I will inform you and explain to you what you have asked. As for the flight (of 'Uthman) on the day of Uhud, I testify that Allah forgave him. As regards his absence from the Badar (battle), he was married to the daughter of Allah's Apostle and she was ill, so the Prophet (s) said to him, 'You will have such reward as a man who has fought the Badar battle will get, and will also have the same share of the booty.' As for his absence from the Ridwan Pledge of allegiance if there had been anybody more respected by the Meccans than 'Uthman bin 'Affan, the Prophet (s) would surely have sent that man instead of 'Uthman. So the Prophet (s) sent him (i.e. 'Uthman to Mecca) and the Ridwan Pledge of allegiance took place after 'Uthman had gone to Mecca. The Prophet (s) raised his right hand saying. 'This is the hand of 'Uthman,' and clapped it over his other hand and said, "This is for 'Uthman.'" Ibn 'Umar then said (to the man), "Go now, after taking this information."

(2) Start of turmoil in the days of Usman

Bukhari Volume 2, Book 24, Number 1406:

Narrated Zaid bin Wahab:

I passed by a place called Ar-Rabadha and by chance I met Abu Dhar and asked him, "What has brought you to this place?" He said, "I was in Sham and differed with Muawiya on the meaning of (the following Ayahs of the Quran): 'They who hoard up gold and silver and spend them not in the way of Allah.' (9.34). Muawiya said, 'This verse is revealed regarding the people of the scriptures." I said, it was revealed regarding us and also the people of the scriptures." So we had a quarrel and Muawiya sent a complaint against me to 'Uthman. 'Uthman wrote to me to come to Medina, and I came to Medina. Many people came to me as if they had not seen me before. So I told this to 'Uthman who said to me, "You may depart and live nearby if you wish." That was the reason for my being here for even if an Ethiopian had been nominated as my ruler, I would have obeyed him.

Bukhari Volume 6, Book 65, Number 4660:

Narrated Zaid bin Wahb:

I passed by (visited) Abu Dhar at Ar-Rabadha and said to him, "What has brought you to this land?" He said, "We were at Sham and I recited the Ayah: "They who hoard up gold and silver and spend them not in the way of Allah; announce to them a painful torment, “(9.34) where upon Muawiya said, 'This Ayah is not for us, but for the people of the Scripture.' Then I said, 'But it is both for us (Muslim) and for them.' "

Surah Tauba Ayah 34-35

O Believers, indeed most of the scholars and monks of the people of the Book devour the wealth of others by evil means, and debar them from the Way of Allah. 33 Give them the good (Taunt) news of a painful torment, who hoard up gold and silver and expend not these in the Way of Allah. The Day shall surely come when the same gold and silver shall be heated in the fire of Hell, and there with their foreheads, their bodies and their backs shall be .branded, (saying), "Here is that treasure you had hoarded up for yourselves: now taste the evil of your hoarded treasure" (9:34-35)

(3) Usman unbiased - named Az-Zubair when
asked 
to nominate successor

(13) CHAPTER. The merits of Az-Zubair bin Al-Awwam;

Ibn 'Abbas said, "He (i.e., Az-Zubair) was the Hawari (i.e., disciple) of the Prophet (s)  ... And the Hawariun' were called so because of the whiteness of their clothes.

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 62, Number 3717:

Narrated Marwan bin Al-Hakam:

'Uthman bin 'Affan was afflicted with severe nose-bleeding in the year when such illness was prevalent and that prevented him from performing Hajj, and (because of it) he made his will. A man from Quraish came to him and said, "Appoint your successor." 'Uthman asked, "Did the people name him? (i.e., the successor) the man said, "Yes." Uthman asked, "Who is that?" The man remained silent. Another man came to 'Uthman and I think it was Al-Harith. He also said, "Appoint your successor." 'Uthman asked, "Did the people name him?" The man replied "Yes." 'Uthman said, "Who is that?" The man remained silent. 'Uthman said, "Perhaps they have mentioned Az-Zubair?" The man said, "Yes." 'Uthman said, "By Him in Whose Hands my life is, he is the best of them as I know, and the dearest of them to Allah's Apostle (s)."

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 62, Number 3718:

Narrated Marwan bin Al-Hakam:

While I was with 'Uthman, a man came to him and said, "Appoint your successor." 'Uthman said, "Has such successor been named?" He replied, "Yes, Az-Zubair." 'Uthman said, thrice, "By Allah! Indeed you know that he is the best of you."

(4) Usman sieged & he reminded his
services to companions

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 2778:

Abu 'Abdur-Rahman narrated:

When 'Uthman was circled (by the rebels), he looked upon them from above and said, "I ask you by Allah, I ask nobody but the companions of the Prophet (s), don't you know that Allah's Messenger said, 'whoever will (buy and) dig the well of Ruma will be granted Paradise,' and I (bought and) dug it? Don't you know that he said, whoever equips the army of 'Usra (i.e. Tabuk's Ghazwa) will be granted Paradise,' and I equipped it?" They attested whatever he said. When 'Umar founded his endowment he said; "Its administrator can eat from it." The management of the endowment can be taken over by the founder himself or any other person, for both cases are permissible.

 (5) Usman a strict & just ruler flogged his
brother 
on complaint against him

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 63, Number 3872:

Narrated 'Ubaidullah bin 'Adi bin Al-Khiyar:

That Al-Miswar bin Makhrama and 'Abdur-Rahman bin Al-Aswad bin 'Abu Yaghuth had said to him, "What prevents you from speaking to your uncle 'Uthman regarding his brother Al-Walid bin 'Uqba?" The people were speaking against the latter for what he had done. 'Ubaidullah said, "So I kept waiting for 'Uthman, and when he went out for the prayer, I said to him, 'I have got something to say to you as a piece of advice.' 'Uthman said, 'O man! I seek Refuge with Allah from you. So I went away. When I finished my prayer, I sat with Al-Miswar and Ibn 'Abu Yaghuth and talked to both of them of what I had said to 'Uthman and what he had said to me. They said, 'You have done your duty.' So while I was sitting with them. 'Uthman's Messenger came to me. They said, 'Allah has put you to trial." I set out and when I reached 'Uthman, he said, 'What is your advice which you mentioned a while ago?' I recited Tashah-hud and added, 'Allah has sent Muhammad (s) and has revealed the Holy Book (i.e. Quran) to him. You (O Uthman!) were amongst those who responded to the call of Allah and His Apostle (s) and had faith in him. And you took part in the first two migrations (to Ethiopia and to Medina), and you enjoyed the company of Allah's Apostle (s) and learned his traditions and advice. Now the people are talking much about Al-Walid bin 'Uqba and so it is your duty to impose on him the legal punishment.' 'Uthman then said to me, 'O my nephew! Did you ever meet Allah's Apostle (s)?' I said, 'No, but his knowledge has reached me as it has reached the virgin in her seclusion.' 'Uthman then recited Tashah-hud and said, 'No doubt, Allah has sent Muhammad with the Truth and has revealed to him His Holy Book (i.e. Quran) and I was amongst those who responded to the call of Allah and His Apostle (s) and I had faith in Muhammad's Mission, and I had performed the first two migrations as you have said, and I enjoyed the company of Allah's Apostle (s) and gave the pledge of allegiance to him. By Allah, I never disobeyed him and never cheated him till Allah caused him to die. Then Allah made Abu Bakr Caliph, and by Allah, I was never disobedient to him, nor did I cheat him. Then 'Umar became Caliph, and by Allah, I was never disobedient to him, nor did I cheat him. Then I became Caliph. Have I not then the same rights over you as they had over me?' I replied in the affirmative. 'Uthman further said, 'There are these talks which are reaching me from you? As for what you have mentioned about Al-Walid bin 'Uqb; Allah willing, I shall give him the legal punishment justly. Then Uthman ordered that Al-Walid be flogged forty lashes. He ordered 'Ali to flog him and he himself flogged him as well."

 (6) Martyrdom of Usman Companions
greatly disturbed 

(34) CHAFFER. The conversion of Sa'id bin Zaid" to Islam.

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 63, Number 3862:

Narrated Qais:

I heard Sa'id bin Zaid bin 'Amr bin Nufail saying in the mosque of Al-Kufa, "By Allah, I have seen myself tied and forced by 'Umar to leave Islam before 'Umar himself embraced Islam. “And if the mountain of Uhud could move from its place for the evil which you people have done to Uthman, then it would have the right to move from its place."

(14) CHAPTER. To stay (in the desert) with the Bedouin during the period of Al-Fitnah (trial and affliction)

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 92, Number 7087:

Narrated Salama bin Al-Akwa' that he visited Al-Hajjaj (bin Yusuf). Al-Hajjaj said, "0’ son of   Al-Akwa'! You have turned on your heels (i.e. deserted Islam) by staying (in the desert) with the Bedouin." Salama replied, "No, but Allah's Messenger (s) allowed me to stay with the Bedouin in the desert."

Narrated Yazid bin Abi 'Ubaid: When 'Uthman bin 'Affan was killed (martyred), Salama bin

Al-Akwa' went out to a place called Ar-Rabadha and married there and begot children, and he stayed there till a few nights before his death when he came to Al-Madina.

Differences amongst supporters of Usman & Ali

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 56, Number 3081:

Narrated Sad bin 'Ubaida:

Abu Abdur-Rahman who was one of the supporters of Uthman said to Abu Talha who was one of the supporters of Ali, "I perfectly know what encouraged your leader (i.e. 'Ali) to shed blood. I heard him saying: Once the Prophet (s) sent me and Az-Zubair saying, 'Proceed to such-and-such Ar-Roudah (place) where you will find a lady whom Hatib has given a letter. So when we arrived at Ar-Roudah, we requested the lady to hand over the letter to us. She said, 'Hatib has not given me any letter.' We said to her. 'Take out the letter or else we will strip off your clothes.' So she took it out of her braid. So the Prophet (s) sent for Hatib, (who came) and said, 'Don't hurry in judging me, for, by Allah, I have not become a disbeliever, and my love to Islam is increasing. (The reason for writing this letter was) that there is none of your companions but has relatives in Mecca who look after their families and property, while I have nobody there, so I wanted to do them some favor (so that they might look after my family and property).' The Prophet (s) believed him. 'Umar said, 'Allow me to chop off his (i.e. Hatib's) neck as he has done hypocrisy.' The Prophet (s) said, (to 'Umar), 'Who knows, perhaps Allah has looked at the warriors of Badar and said (to them); 'Do whatever you like, for I have forgiven you.' "Abdur-Rahman added, "So this is what encouraged him (i.e. Ali)."  

(7) Usman’s assassins outsiders
some from Kufa

(34) CHAFFER. The conversion of Sa'id bin Zaid to Islam.

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 63, Number 3862: [3867]

Narrated Qais:

I heard Said bin Zaid bin 'Amr bin Nufail saying in the mosque of Al-Kufa. "By Allah, I have seen myself tied and forced by 'Umar to leave Islam before 'Umar himself embraced Islam. And if the mountain of Uhud could move from its place for the evil which you people have done to 'Uthman, then it would have the right to move from its place."

No comments:

Post a Comment