If thee shall go in search of knowledge thou shall come across a truth & the ultimate truth is Allah

Wednesday 8 September 2021

COMPANIONS MISCELLANEOUS

 COMPANIONS SPECIFIC - II

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 61, Number 3612: [3852]

Narrated Khabbab bin Al-Arat:

We complained to Allah's Apostle (of the persecution inflicted on us by the infidels) while he was sitting in the shade of the Ka'ba, leaning over his Burd (i.e. covering sheet). We said to him, "Would you seek help for us? Would you pray to Allah for us?" He (s) said, "Among the nations before you a (believing) man would be put in a ditch that was dug for him, and a saw would be put over his head and he would be cut into two pieces; yet that (torture) would not make him give up his religion. His body would be combed with iron combs that would remove his flesh from the bones and nerves, yet that would not make him abandon his religion. By Allah, this religion (i.e. Islam) will prevail till a traveler from Sana (in Yemen) to Hadramout will fear none but Allah, or a wolf as regards his sheep, but you (people) are hasty.

Bukhari Volume 3, Book 37, Number 2275:

Narrated Khabbab:

I was a blacksmith in the Pre-Islamic period, and 'Asi bin Wail owed me some money, so I went to him to demand it. He said (to me), "I will not pay you unless you disbelieve Muhammad." I said, "I will not disbelieve till Allah kills you and then you get resurrected." He said, "Leave me till I die and get resurrected, then I will be given wealth and children and I will pay you your debt." On that occasion it was revealed to the Prophet (s):

'Have you seen him who disbelieved in Our signs and says: Surely I will be given wealth and children? Has he known the unseen, or has he taken a covenant from the Beneficent (Allah)? (19.77-78)

(2) Hamza martyrdom companions
craving for such death 

Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 1274:

Narrated Ibrahim:

Once a meal was brought to 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf and he was fasting, he said, "Mustab bin 'Umar was martyred and he was better than I and was shrouded in his Burd and when his head was covered with it, his legs became bare, and when his legs were covered his head got uncovered. Hamza was martyred and was better than I. Now the worldly wealth has been bestowed upon us (or said a similar thing). No doubt, I fear that the rewards of my deeds might have been given earlier in this world." Then he started weeping and left his food.

(3) Martyrdom of Husain – Empathy 

(22) CHAPTER. The merits of Al-Hasan and Al-Husain

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 62, Number 3748:

Narrated Muhammad:

Anas bin Malik said, "The head of Al-Husain was brought to 'Ubaidullah bin Ziyad and was put in a tray, and then Ibn Ziyad started playing with a stick at the nose and mouth of Al-Husain's head and saying something about his handsome features." Anas then said (to him), "Al-Husain resembled the Prophet (s) more than the others did." Anas added, "His (i.e. Al-Husain's) hair was dyed with Wasma (i.e. a kind of plant used as a dye)."

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 62, Number 3753:

Narrated Ibn Abi Nu'm:

A person asked 'Abdullah bin 'Umar whether a Muhrim (a person in the state of Ihram) could kill flies. I heard him saying (in reply). "The people of Iraq are asking about the killing of flies while they themselves murdered the son of the daughter of Allah's Apostle (s). The Prophet (s) said, they (i.e. Hasan and Husain) are my two sweet basils in this world."

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 78, Number 5994:

Narrated Ibn Abi Na'm:

Narrated Ibn Abu Nu'm: I was present when a man asked Ibn 'Umar about the blood of mosquitoes. Ibn 'Umar said, "From where are you?" The man replied; "From 'Iraq." Ibn ‘Umar said, "Look at that! He is asking me about the blood of mosquitoes while they (the Iraqis) have killed the (grand) son of the Prophet (Ibn 'Umar added): "I have heard the Prophet (s) saying, 'They (Hasan and Husain) are my two sweet-smelling flowers in this world.'

(4) Muawiya accepted FaqihLearned man
who can give religious verdicts

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 62, Number 3765:

Narrated Ibn Abi Mulaika:

Somebody said to Ibn 'Abbas, "Can you speak to the chief of the believers Muawiya, as he does not pray except one Rak'a as Witr?" Ibn 'Abbas replied, "He is a Faqih (i.e. a learned man who can give religious verdicts)."

(5) PovertyAbu Huraira

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 57, Number 3708:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The people used to say, "Abu Huraira narrates too many narrations." In fact I used to keep close to Allah's Apostle (s) and was satisfied with what filled my stomach. I ate no leavened bread and dressed no decorated striped clothes, and never did a man or a woman serve me, and I often used to press my belly against gravel because of hunger, and I used to ask a man to recite a Quranic Verse to me although I knew it, so that he would take me to his home and feed me. And the most generous of all the people to the poor was Jafar bin Abi Talib. He used to take us to his home and offer us what was available therein. He would even offer us an empty folded leather container (of butter) which we would split and lick whatever was in it.

 (6) Osama bin Zaid leader of the
expedition to Syria

(2) CHAPTER. The statement of the Prophet "Wa aimullah (i.e., 'By Allah!');"

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 83, Number 6627:

Narrated Ibn 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle (s) sent an army detachment and made Osama bin Zaid its commander. Some people criticized - (spoke badly of) Osama’s leadership. So Allah's Apostle (s) got up saying, "If you people are criticizing Osama’s leadership, you have already criticized the leadership of his father before. But Wa-aimullah (i.e., By Allah), he (i.e. Zaid) deserved the leadership, and he was one of the most beloved persons to me; and now this (his son Osama) is one of the dearest persons to me after him." (See Hadith No. 4469, Volume 5)

(7) Wahshi who killed Hamza in Uhad Battle no
discrimination after accepting Islam 

(24) CHAPTER. The martyrdom of Hamza bin 'Abdul-Muttalib

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 64, Number 4072:

Narrated Jafar bin 'Amr bin Umaiya:

I went out with 'Ubaidullah bin 'Adi Al-Khaiyar, when we reached Hims (i.e. a town in Syria), 'Ubaidullah bin 'Adi said (to me), "Would you like to see Wahshi so that we may ask him about the killing of Hamza?" I replied, "Yes." Wahshi used to live in Hims. We enquired about him and somebody said to us, "He is that in the shade of his palace, as if he were a full water skin." So we went up to him, and when we were at a short distance from him, we greeted him and he greeted us in return. 'Ubaidullah was wearing his turban and Wahshi could not see except his eyes and feet. 'Ubaidullah said, "O Wahshi! Do you know me?" Wahshi looked at him and then said, "No, by Allah! But I know that 'Adi bin Al-Khiyar married a woman called Um Qital, the daughter of Abu Al-Is, and she delivered a boy for him at Mecca, and I looked for a wet nurse for that child. (Once) I carried that child along with his mother and then I handed him over to her, and your feet resemble that child's feet." Then 'Ubaidullah uncovered his face and said (to Wahshi), "Will you tell us (the story of) the killing of Hamza?" Wahshi replied "Yes, Hamza killed Tuaima bin 'Adi bin Al-Khaiyar at Badar (battle) so my master, Jubair bin Mut'im said to me, 'If you kill Hamza in revenge for my uncle, then you will be set free." When the people set out (for the battle of Uhud) in the year of ‘Ainain  ...'Ainain is a mountain near the mountain of Uhud, and between it and Uhud there is a valley.. I went out with the people for the battle. When the army aligned for the fight, Siba' came out and said, 'Is there any (Muslim) to accept my challenge to a duel?' Hamza bin 'Abdul Muttalib came out and said, 'O Siba'. O Ibn Um Ammar, the one who circumcises other ladies! Do you challenge Allah and His Apostle?' Then Hamza attacked and killed him, causing him to be non-extant like the bygone yesterday. I hid myself under a rock, and when he (i.e. Hamza) came near me, I threw my spear at him, driving it into his umbilicus so that it came out through his buttocks, causing him to die. When all the people returned to Mecca, I too returned with them. I stayed in (Mecca) till Islam spread in it (i.e. Mecca). Then I left for Taif, and when the people (of Taif) sent their messengers to Allah's Apostle (s), I was told that the Prophet (s) did not harm the messengers; so I too went out with them till I reached Allah's Apostle (s). When he saw me, he said, 'Are you Wahshi?' I said, 'Yes.' He said, 'was it you who killed Hamza?' I replied, 'What happened is what you have been told of.' He said, 'Can you hide your face from me?' So I went out when Allah's Apostle (s) died, and Musailamah Al-Kadhdhab appeared (claiming to be a prophet). I said, 'I will go out to Musailamah so that I may kill him, and make amends for killing Hamza. So I went out with the people (to fight Musailamah and his followers) and then famous events took place concerning that battle. Suddenly I saw a man (i.e. Musailamah) standing near a gap in a wall. He looked like an ash-colored camel and his hair was disheveled. So I threw my spear at him, driving it into his chest in between his breasts till it passed out through his shoulders, and then an Ansari man attacked him and struck him on the head with a sword. 'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, 'A slave girl on the roof of a house said: Alas! The chief of the believers (i.e. Musailamah) has been killed by a black slave."

(8) Yazid bin Muawiya dethroned due to difference
of 
opinion between companions 

(21) CHAPTER. If a person says something in the presence of some people and then goes out and says something different.

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 92, Number 7111:

Narrated Nafi':

When the people of Medina dethroned Yazid bin Muawiya, Ibn 'Umar gathered his special friends and children and said, "I heard the Prophet (s) saying, 'A flag will be fixed for every betrayer on the Day of Resurrection,' and we have given the oath of allegiance to this person (Yazid) in accordance with the conditions enjoined by Allah and His Apostle (s) and I do not know of anything more faithless than fighting a person who has been given the oath of allegiance in accordance with the conditions enjoined by Allah and His Apostle (s), and if ever I learn that any person among you has agreed to dethrone Yazid, by giving the oath of allegiance (to somebody else) then there will be separation between him and me."

Yazid bin Muawiya – Ibn e Umar in favor

(21) CHAPTER. Ha person says something in the presence of some people and then goes out and says something different.

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 92, Number 7111:

Narrated Nafi':

When the people of Medina dethroned Yazid bin Muawiya, Ibn 'Umar gathered his special friends and children and said, "I heard the Prophet saying, 'A flag will be fixed for every betrayer on the Day of Resurrection,' and we have given the oath of allegiance to this person (Yazid) in accordance with the conditions enjoined by Allah and His Apostle and I do not know of anything more faithless than fighting a person who has been given the oath of allegiance in accordance with the conditions enjoined by Allah and His Apostle , and if ever I learn that any person among you has agreed to dethrone Yazid, by giving the oath of allegiance (to somebody else) then there will be separation between him and me."

Note: from Urdu translation it is explained that people of Madina initially gave oath of allegiance to Yazid bin Muawiya but latter on finding information about his character broke the allegiance and forced his representative Usman bin Muhammad Ibn Abu Sufiyan to leave Madina. Following Ahadis need to be reminded here.

Bukhari Volume 2, Book 24, Number 1406:

Narrated Zaid bin Wahab:

I passed by a place called Ar-Rabadha and by chance I met Abu Dhar and asked him, "What has brought you to this place?" He said, "I was in Sham and differed with Muawiya on the meaning of (the following Ayah of the Quran): 'They who hoard up gold and silver and spend them not in the way of Allah.' (9.34). Muawiya said, 'This vAyah is revealed regarding the people of the scriptures." I said, it was revealed regarding us and also the people of the scriptures." So we had a quarrel and Muawiya sent a complaint against me to 'Uthman. 'Uthman wrote to me to come to Medina, and I came to Medina. Many people came to me as if they had not seen me before. So I told this to 'Uthman who said to me, "You may depart and live nearby if you wish." That was the reason for my being here for even if an Ethiopian had been nominated as my ruler, I would have obeyed him.

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 7143:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet (s) said, "If somebody sees his Muslim ruler doing something he disapproves of, he should be patient, for whoever becomes separate from the Muslim group even for a span and then dies, he will die as those who died in the Pre-Islamic period of ignorance (as rebellious sinners). (See Hadith No. 7053)

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 92, Number 7053:

Narrated Ibn Abbas:

The Prophet (s) said, "Whoever disapproves of something done by his ruler then he should be patient, for whoever disobeys the ruler even a little (little, a span) will die as those who died in the Pre-Islamic Period of Ignorance. (i.e., as rebellious Sinners).

(9) Yazid bin Muawiya – Relations
with Companions Sahaba 

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 80, Number 6411: 

(69) CHAPTER. Preaching at intervals 

Narrated Shaqiq: 

While we were waiting for 'Abdullah (bin Masud), Yazid bin Muawiya came. I said (to him), "Will you sit down?" He said, "No, but I will go into the house (of Ibn Masud) and let your companion (Ibn Masud) come out to you; and if he should not (come out), I will come out and sit (with you)." Then 'Abdullah came out, holding the hand of Yazid, addressed us saying, "I know that you are assembled here, but the reason that prevents me from coming out to you is that Allah’s Messenger; used to preach us at intervals during the days, lest we should become bored."

No comments:

Post a Comment