If thee shall go in search of knowledge thou shall come across a truth & the ultimate truth is Allah

Wednesday 8 September 2021

COMPANIONS - SIGNIFICANT INCIDENTS

 COMPANIONS INCIDENTS

 


 (1) Bond of brotherhood “Muakhat” Muhajirin
 & Ansar 
Muhajirin soon became
independent 

(3) CHAPTER. The Prophet; established the bond of brotherhood between "Ansar and the Muhajirun (i.e. immigrants);

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 63, Number 3780:

Narrated Sa'd's father:

When the emigrants reached Medina, Allah's Apostle (s) established the bond of fraternity between 'Abdur-Rahman and Sad bin Ar-Rabi. Sad said to 'Abdur-Rahman, "I am the richest of all the Ansar, so I want to divide my property (between us), and I have two wives, so see which of the two you like and tell me, so that I may divorce her, and when she finishes her prescribed period (i.e. 'Idda) of divorce, then marry her." Abdur-Rahman said, "May Allah bless your family and property for you; where is your market?" So they showed him the Qainuqa' market. (He went there and) returned with a profit in the form of dried yogurt and butter. He continued going (to the market) till one day he came, bearing the traces of yellow scent. The Prophet (s) asked, "What is this (scent)?" He replied, "I got married." The Prophet (s) asked, "How much Mahr did you give her?" He replied, "I gave her a date-stone of gold or a gold piece equal to the weight of a date-stone." (The narrator, Ibrahim, is in doubt as to which is correct.)

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 63, Number 3781:

Narrated Anas:

When 'Abdur-Rahman bin 'Auf came to us, Allah's Apostle (s) made a bond of fraternity between him and Sad bin Ar-Rabi' who was a rich man, Sad said, "The Ansar know that I am the richest of all of them, so I will divide my property into two parts between me and you, and I have two wives; see which of the two you like so that I may divorce her and you can marry her after she becomes lawful to you by her passing the prescribed period (i.e. 'Idda) of divorce. 'Abdur Rahman said, "May Allah bless you your family (i.e. wives) for you." (But 'Abdur-Rahman went to the market) and did not return on that day except with some gain of dried yogurt and butter. He went on trading just a few days till he came to Allah's Apostle (s) bearing the traces of yellow scent over his clothes. Allah's Apostle (s) asked him, "What is this scent?" He replied, "I have married a woman from the Ansar." Allah's Apostle asked, "How much Mahr have you given?" He said, "A date-stone weight of gold or a golden date-stone." The Prophet (s) said, "Arrange a marriage banquet even with a sheep."

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 63, Number 3782:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Ansar said (to the Prophet), "Please divide the date-palm trees between us and them (i.e. emigrants)." The Prophet (s) said, "No." The Ansar said, "Let them (i.e. the emigrants) do the labor for us in the gardens and share the date-fruits with us." The emigrants said, "We accepted this."

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 96, Number 7340-7341:

Narrated Anas:

The Prophet (s) brought the Ansar and the Quraish people into alliance in my house at Medina, and he invoked Allah for one month against the tribe of Bani Sulaim in (the last Rak'a of each compulsory) prayer.

(2) Companion’s silent protest Usman
martyrdom went to desert

(34) CHAFFER. The conversion of Sa'id bin Zaid" to Islam;

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 63, Number 3862:

Narrated Qais:

I heard Sa'id bin Zaid bin 'Amr bin Nufail saying in the mosque of Al-Kufa, "By Allah, I have seen myself tied and forced by 'Umar to leave Islam before 'Umar himself embraced Islam. “And if the mountain of Uhud could move from its place for the evil which you people have done to Uthman, then it would have the right to move from its place."

(14) CHAPTER. To stay (in the desert) with the bedouin during the period of Al-Fitnah (trial and affliction);

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 92, Number 7087:

Narrated Salama bin Al-Akwa:

That he visited Al-Hajjaj (bin Yusuf). Al-Hajjaj said, "O son of Al-Akwa! You have turned on your heels (i.e., deserted Islam) by staying (in the desert) with the bedouins." Salama replied, "No, but Allah's Apostle allowed me to stay with the bedouin in the desert."

Narrated Yazid bin Abi Ubaid: When 'Uthman bin Affan was killed (martyred), Salama bin Al-Akwa' went out to a place called Ar-Rabadha and married there and begot children, and he stayed there till a few nights before his death when he came to Medina.

(3) Companion peaceful reaction when
differences arose among them

Bukhari Volume 2, Book 24, Number 1406:

Narrated Zaid bin Wahab:

I passed by a place called Ar-Rabadha and by chance I met Abu Dhar and asked him, "What has brought you to this place?" He said, "I was in Sham and differed with Muawiya on the meaning of (the following Ayah of the Quran): 'They who hoard up gold and silver and spend them not in the way of Allah.' (9.34). Muawiya said, 'This Ayah is revealed regarding the people of the scriptures." I said, it was revealed regarding us and also the people of the scriptures." So we had a quarrel and Muawiya sent a complaint against me to 'Uthman. 'Uthman wrote to me to come to Medina, and I came to Medina. Many people came to me as if they had not seen me before. So I told this to 'Uthman who said to me, "You may depart and live nearby if you wish." That was the reason for my being here for even if an Ethiopian had been nominated as my ruler, I would have obeyed him.

(4) Differences arose after death of Umar

Bukhari Volume 2, Book 25, Number 1608:

Abu Ash-Sha'tha' said:

"Who keeps away from some portion of the Ka'bah?" Muawiya used to touch the four corners of the Ka'bah, Ibn 'Abbas said to him, "These two corners (the ones facing the Hijr are not to be touched." Muawiya said, "Nothing is untouchable in the Ka’bah." And Ibn Az-Zubair used to touch all the corners of the Ka'bah.

Bukhari Volume 2, Book 25, Number 1657:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Masud:

I offered (only a) two Rakat prayer with the Prophet (at Mina), and similarly with Abu Bakr and with 'Umar, and then you differed in opinions. Wish that I would be lucky enough to have two of the four Rakat accepted (by Allah).

Bukhari Volume 6, Book 65, Number 4664:

Narrated Ibn Abi Mulaika:

When there happened the disagreement between Ibn Az-Zubair and Ibn 'Abbas, I said (to the latter), "(Why don't you take the oath of allegiance to him as) his father is Az-Zubair, and his mother is Asma,' and his aunt is 'Aisha, and his maternal grandfather is Abu Bakr, and his grandmother is Safiya?"

Bukhari Volume 6, Book 65, Number 4665:

Narrated Ibn Abi Mulaika:

There was a disagreement between them (i.e. Ibn 'Abbas and Ibn Az-Zubair) so I went to Ibn 'Abbas in the morning and said (to him), "Do you want to fight against Ibn Zubair and thus make lawful what Allah has made unlawful (i.e. fighting in Meccas?" Ibn 'Abbas said, "Allah forbid! Allah ordained that Ibn Zubair and Bani Umaiyya would permit (fighting in Mecca), but by Allah, I will never regard it as permissible." Ibn Abbas added. "The people asked me to take the oath of allegiance to Ibn Az-Zubair. I said, 'He is really entitled to assume authority for his father, Az-Zubair was the helper of the Prophet (s), his (maternal) grandfather, Abu Bakr was (the Prophet's) companion in the cave, his mother, Asma' was 'Dhatun-Nitaq', his aunt, 'Aisha was the mother of the Believers, his paternal aunt, Khadija was the wife of the Prophet (s), and the paternal aunt of the Prophet (s) was his grandmother. He himself is pious and chaste in Islam, well versed in the Knowledge of the Quran. By Allah! (Really, I left my relatives, Bani Umaiyya for his sake though) they are my close relatives, and if they should be my rulers, they are equally apt to be so and are descended from a noble family.

Bukhari Volume 6, Book 65, Number 4666:

Narrated Ibn Abi Mulaika:

We entered upon Ibn 'Abbas and he said "Are you not astonished at Ibn Az-Zubair's assuming the caliphate?" I said (to myself), "I will support him and speak of his good traits as I did not do even for Abu Bakr and 'Umar though they were more entitled to receive all good than he was." I said "He (i.e., Ibn Az-Zubair) is the son of the aunt of the Prophet (s) and the son of Az-Zubair, and the grandson of Abu Bakr and the son of Khadija's brother, and the son of 'Aisha's sister." Nevertheless, he considers himself to be superior to me and does not want me to be one of his friends. So I said, "I never expected that he would refuse my offer to support him, and I don't think he intends to do me any good, therefore, if my cousins should inevitably be my rulers, it will be better for me to be ruled by them than by some others."

(5) Earliest converts to Islam

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 63, Number 3857: [3660]

Narrated 'Ammar bin Yasir:

I saw Allah's Apostle and the only converts (to Islam) with him were five slaves, two women and Abu Bakr. (i.e. those were the only converts to Islam then).

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 62, Number 3726:

Narrated Sad:

No doubt, (for some time) I stood for one-third of the Muslims.

Translator’s Note: He was one of the first three persons who embraced Islam according to his knowledge.

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 62, Number 3727:

Narrated Sad bin Abi Waqqas:

No man embraced Islam before the day on which I embraced Islam, and no doubt, I remained for seven days as one third of the then extant Muslims.

Bukhari Volume 7, Book 70, Number 5412:

Narrated Sad:

I was one of (the first) seven (who had embraced Islam) with Allah's Messenger (s) and we had  nothing to eat then, except the leaves of or Al-Habala Al-Hubla tree, so that our stool used to be similar to that of sheep. Now the tribe of Bani Asad wants to teach me Islam; I would be a loser and all my efforts would be in vain (if I learn Islam anew from them).

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 81, Number 6453:

Narrated Sa'd:

I was the first man among the Arabs to throw an arrow for Allah's Cause. We used to fight in Allah's Cause while we had nothing to eat except the leaves of the Hubla and the Sumer trees (desert trees) so that we discharged excrement like that of sheep (i.e. unmixed droppings). Today the (people of the) tribe of Bani Asad teach me the laws of Islam. If so, then I am lost, and all my efforts of that hard time had gone in vain.

Note: It is worth noting that in early period such as first three years, Prophet’s campaign was not opposed and life was normal meaning no shortage of food etc. which actually got aggravated during boycott in 7-10 year of prophethood, (Allah Knows Best.)

(6) Umar Abu Bakar relations estranged Prophet (s) said twice, "Won't you then give up
harming 
my companion! Abu Bakar”

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 57, Number 3661:

Narrated Abu Ad-Darda:

While I was sitting with the Prophet (s), Abu Bakr came, lifting up one corner of his garment uncovering his knee. The Prophet (s) said, "Your companion has had a quarrel." Abu Bakr greeted (the Prophet) and said, "O Allah's Apostle! There was something (i.e. quarrel) between me and the Son of Al-Khattab. I talked to him harshly and then regretted that, and requested him to forgive me, but he refused. This is why I have come to you." The Prophet (s) said thrice, "O Abu Bakr! May Allah forgive you." In the meanwhile, 'Umar regretted (his refusal of Abu Bakr's excuse) and went to Abu Bakr's house and asked if Abu Bakr was there. They replied in the negative. So he came to the Prophet (s) and greeted him, but signs of displeasure appeared on the face of the Prophet till Abu Bakr pitied ('Umar), so he knelt and said twice, "O Allah's Apostle! By Allah! I was more unjust to him (than he to me)." The Prophet (s) said, "Allah sent me (as a Prophet) to you (people) but you said (to me), 'You are telling a lie,' while Abu Bakr said, 'He has said the truth,' and consoled me with himself and his money." He then said twice, "Won't you then give up harming my companion?" After that nobody harmed Abu Bakr.  

(7)Hinda wife of Abu Sufyan no discrimination
after accepting Islam

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 83, Number 6641:

Narrated 'Aisha:

Hind bint 'Utba came and said, "0’ Allah's Messenger (s)! (Before I embraced Islam) there was no  family on the surface of the earth I wished to see in degradation more than I did your family, but today there is no family on the surface of the earth I wish to see honored more than I did yours."  The Prophet (s) said, "I thought similarly, by Him in Whose Hand my soul is!" She further said, "0 Allah's Messenger! Abu Sufyan is a miser, so, is it sinful of me to feed my children from his property?" He said, "I do not allow it unless you take for your needs what is just and reasonable." [3825.]

Bukhari Volume 3, Book 34, Number 2211: [5359 Volume 7]

Narrated 'Aisha:

Hind, the mother of Muawiya said to Allah's Apostle (s), "Abu Sufyan (her husband) is a miser. Am I allowed to take from his money secretly?" The Prophet said to her, "You and your sons may take what is sufficient reasonably and fairly." (2460)

No comments:

Post a Comment