If thee shall go in search of knowledge thou shall come across a truth & the ultimate truth is Allah

Wednesday 8 September 2021

COMPANIONS MISCELLANEOUS

 COMPANIONS SPECIFIC – I

 (1) Abu Hurairah called Abu Hiirr 
out of love by Prophet (s) 

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 78, Page Number 123: 

(111) CHAPTER: Whoever, while calling a friend, omits a letter from his name (like in above Hadis)

Abu Hurairah; said, "Once the Prophet (s) called me, '0’ Abu Hirr!'"

(2) Abu Huraira came searching for Islam

(7) CHAPTER. If somebody says to his slave that he is for Allah; and by that he intends to manumit him (the slave is manumitted). And the witness for manumission;

Bukhari Volume 3, Book 49, Number 2530:

Narrated Qais:

When Abu Huraira accompanied by his slave set out intending to embrace Islam they lost each other on the way. The slave then came while Abu Huraira was sitting with the Prophet (s). The Prophet (s) said, "O Abu Huraira! Your slave has come back." Abu Huraira said, "Indeed, I would like you to witness that I have manumitted him." That happened at the time when Abu Huraira recited (the following poetic verse):

'What a long tedious tiresome night!

Nevertheless, it has delivered us from the land of Kufr (disbelief).

Bukhari Volume 3, Book 49, Number 2531: [4393]

Narrated Abu Huraira:

On my way to the Prophet (s) I was reciting:

'What a long tedious tiresome night!

Nevertheless, it has saved us from the land of Kufr (disbelief).'

I had a slave who ran away from me on the way. When I went to the Prophet (s) and gave the pledge of allegiance for embracing Islam, the slave showed up while I was still with the Prophet (s) who remarked, "O Abu Huraira! Here is your slave!" I said, "I manumit him for Allah's Sake," and so I freed him.

Bukhari Volume 3, Book 49, Number 2532:

Narrated Qais:

When Abu Huraira accompanied by his slave came intending to embrace Islam, they lost each other on the way. (When the slave showed up) Abu Huraira said (to the Prophet), "I make you witness that the slave is free for Allah's Cause."

(3) Abu Hurairah encountering Satan

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 59, Number 3275:

Narrated Muhammad bin Sirin:

Abu Huraira said, "Allah's Apostle (s) put me in charge of the Zakat of Ramadan (i.e. Zakat-ul-Fitr). Someone came to me and started scooping some of the foodstuff of (Zakat) with both hands. I caught him and told him that I would take him to Allah's Apostle (s)." Then Abu Huraira told the whole narration and added "He (i.e. the thief) said, 'Whenever you go to your bed, recite the Ayah of "Al-Kursi" (2.255) for then a guardian from Allah will be guarding you, and Satan will not approach you till dawn.' “On that the Prophet (s) said, "He told you the truth, though he is a liar, and he (the thief) himself was the Satan”.

(4) Abu Bakar & Bilal fell sick after migration
due to different weather in Madina

Bukhari Volume 7, Book 75, Number 5677:

Narrated 'Aisha:

When Allah's Apostle (s) immigrated to Medina, Abu Bakr and Bilal had a fever. I entered upon them and said, "O my father! How are you? O Bilal! How are you?" Whenever Abu Bakr got the fever he used to say, "Everybody is staying alive with his people, yet death is nearer to him than his shoe laces." And when fever deserted Bilal, he would recite (two poetic verses):

"Would that I could stay overnight in a valley wherein I would be surrounded by Idhkhir and Jalil. (two kinds of good smelling grass)

Would that one day I could drink of the water of Majinna, and would that Shama and Tafil (two mountains at Mecca) would appear to me!"

I went to Allah's Apostle (s) and informed him about that. He said, "O Allah! Make us love Medina as much or more than we love Mecca, and make it healthy, and bless its Sa and its Mudd, and take away its fever and put it in Al-Juhfa." (See Hadith No 5654)

(5) Conversion Abu Dhar Ghifari to Islam 

(33) CHAPTER. The conversion of Abu Dhar Al-Ghifari to Islam

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 61, Number 3522: [3861]

Narrated Ibn Abbas:

When the news of the advent of the Prophet (s) reached Abu Dhar, he said to his brother, "Ride to this valley and bring me the news of this man (i.e. the Prophet (s) who claims to be a Prophet receiving information from the Heaven. Listen to him and then come to me." His brother set out till he met the Prophet (s) and listened to his speech and returned to Abu Dhar and said to him, "I have seen him exhorting people to virtues and his speech was not like poetry." Abu Dhar said, "You have not satisfied me as to what I wanted." So, he took his journey-food and a water-skin full of water and set out till he reached Mecca, where he went to the Mosque looking for the Prophet (s), whom he did not know, and he would not like to ask someone about him. So, a portion of the night had passed when 'Ali saw him and realized that he was a stranger. Abu Dhar followed him (to his house), but neither of them asked the other about anything till it was morning, when he carried his water-skin and food and went to the Mosque. He spent that day without being observed by the Prophet (s) till it was night, when he returned to his sleeping place. 'Ali again passed by him and said, "Hasn't the man (i.e. Abu Dhar) recognized his dwelling place yet?" So, 'Ali let him get up and took him (to his house), but neither of them asked the other about anything, till it was the third day when 'Ali had the same experience with him and Abu Dhar again stayed with him. 'Ali then asked, "Won't you tell me what has brought you here?" He replied, "If you give me a promise and a convention that you will guide me, and then I will tell you." When 'Ali did, Abu Dhar informed him (of his purpose). 'Ali said, "It is the Truth, and he (i.e. Muhammad) is the Apostle of Allah. So when the morning comes, follow me, and if I should perceive any danger threatening you, I will give you a hint by pretending to go to the water closet. But if I carried on walking, follow me till you enter the place that I will enter." Abu Dhar agreed and followed 'Ali till he entered the place of the Prophet (s) and Abu Dhur entered with him. He then listened to the speech of the Prophet and embraced Islam on that very spot. The Prophet (s) said to him, "Go back to your people and inform them (of this religion) till you receive my (further) orders." Abu Dhar said, "By Him in Whose Hands my life is! I will proclaim my conversion to Islam publicly amongst them (i.e. infidels)." He went out till he reached the Mosque and announced as loudly as possible, "I testify that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah." The people then got up and beat him till they knocked him down. Al-Abbas came and threw himself over him (to protect him) saying, Woe to you! Don't you know that he is from Ghifar and there is the route (road) to your merchants towards Sham (i.e. through the place where this tribe dwells)?" Thus he saved him from them. Abu Dhar did the same on the next day and the people beat him again and Al-'Abbas drew himself over him (to save him as before).

(6) Fatima & Safiya warned save from Hell fire
Prophet (s) said I can’t help 

(2) CHAPTER. "And warn your tribe (0’ Muhammad) of near kindred. And be kind and humble to the believers who follow you...." (26:214-215)

Bukhari Volume 6, Book 65, Number 4771:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle (s) got up when the Ayah:--'And warn your tribe of near kindred...." (26.214) was revealed and said, "O Quraish people! (Or he said a similar word) Buy yourselves! I cannot save you from Allah (if you disobey Him) O Bani Abu Manaf! I cannot save you from Allah (if you disobey Him). O 'Abbas! The son of 'Abdul Muttalib, I cannot save you from Allah (if you disobey Him) O Safiya, (the aunt of Allah's Apostle) I cannot save you from Allah (if you disobey Him). O Fatima, the daughter of Muhammad! Ask what you wish from my property, but I cannot save you from Allah (if you disobey Him)."

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 51, Number 2753:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

When Allah revealed the Ayah: "Warn your nearest kinsmen," (26:214) Allah's Apostle got up and said, "O people of Quraish (or said similar words)! Buy (i.e. save) yourselves (from the Hellfire) as I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment; O Bani Abd Manaf! I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment, O Safiya the Aunt of Allah's Apostle! I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment; O Fatima bint Muhammad! Ask me anything from my wealth, but I cannot save you from Allah's Punishment."

Translator’s note: Every person should try to protect himself from Allah's punishment by doing good deeds and by showing obedience to Allah and to Allah's Messenger's orders. Nobody can do him/her any good in this respect no matter how close a relative he may be.

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 61, Number 3527:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "O Bani 'Abd Munaf! Buy yourselves from Allah; O Bani 'Abdul-Muttalib! Buy yourselves from Allah; O mother of Az-Zubair bin Al-Awwam, the aunt of Allah's Apostle, and O Fatima bint Muhammad! Buy yourselves from Allah, for I cannot defend you before Allah. You (both) can ask me from my property as much as you like. "

Bukhari Volume 6, Book 65, Number 4771:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle got up when the Ayah:--'And warn your tribe of near kindred...." (26.214) was revealed and said, "O Quraish people! (Or he said a similar word) Buy yourselves! I cannot save you from Allah (if you disobey Him) O Bani Abu Manaf! I cannot save you from Allah (if you disobey Him). O’ Abbas, the son of 'Abdul Muttalib, I cannot save you from Allah (if you disobey Him) O’ Safiya, (the aunt of Allah's Apostle) I cannot save you from Allah (if you disobey Him). O Fatima, the daughter of Muhammad! Ask what you wish from my property, but I cannot save you from Allah (if you disobey Him)."

(7) Greed Abbas bin Muttalib
Big human weakness 

Bukhari Volume 1, Boo k 8, Number 421:

Narrated Anas: 

Some goods came to Allah's Apostle (s) from Bahrain. The Prophet (s) ordered the people to spread them in the mosque --it was the biggest amount of goods Allah's Apostle (s) had ever received. He left for prayer and did not even look at it. After finishing the prayer, he sat by those goods and gave from those to everybody he saw. Al-'Abbas came to him and said, "O Allah's Apostle (s)! Give me (something) too, because I gave ransom for myself and 'Aqil" Allah's Apostle (s) told him to take. So he stuffed his garment with it and tried to carry it away but he failed to do so. He said, "O Allah's Apostle (s)! Order someone to help me in lifting it." The Prophet (s) refused. He then said to the Prophet (s): Will you please help me to lift it?" Allah's Apostle (s) refused. Then Al-'Abbas threw some of it and tried to lift it (but failed). He again said, "O Allah's Apostle (s) Order someone to help me to lift it”. He refused. Al-'Abbas then said to the Prophet (s): "Will you please help me to lift it?" He again refused. Then Al-'Abbas threw some of it, and lifted it on his shoulders and went away. Allah's Apostle (s) kept on watching him till he disappeared from his sight and was astonished at his greediness. Allah's Apostle (s) did not get up till the last coin was distributed.  

(8) Age of Ibn Abbas young with mother

Bukhari Volume 2, Book 23, Number 1357:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

My mother and I were among the weak and oppressed, I from among the children, and my mother from among the women.

Note: Abd Allah Ibn Abbas (Arabicعَبْد ٱللَّٰه ٱبْن عَبَّاس; c. 619 687), also known simply as Ibn Abbas, was one of the cousins of the Prophet Muhammad (s) and he is considered to be the greatest Mufassir of Qur'an.[7] [8]

He was the son of Abbas Ibn Abd al-Muttalib, uncle of the Prophet Muhammad (s), and a nephew of Maymunah bint al-Harith, one of the Ummul-Momineen. Ibn Abbas lived in Makkah with his mother and got the opportunity of getting into close company with Prophet (s) after marriage of his aunt Maymunah bint al-Harith in year 629 (8 AH) for about 4 years. When Prophet Muhammad (s) died in year 634 (11 AH) he was 15 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment