If thee shall go in search of knowledge thou shall come across a truth & the ultimate truth is Allah

Sunday 25 July 2021

COMPANIONS – ALI SPECIAL

 ALI SPECIAL


(1) Ali’s opinion best people Abu Bakar Umar & Usman after Prophet (s) 

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 62, Number 3671:

Narrated Muhammad bin Al-Hanafiya:

I asked my father ('Ali bin Abi Talib), "Who are the best people after Allah's Apostle (s)?" He said, "Abu Bakr." I asked, "Who then?" He said, "Then 'Umar. " I was afraid he would say "Uthman, so I said, "Then you?" He said, "I am only an ordinary person.

Note: Ali bin Abi Talib had a son other than Hassan & Hussain.

 (2) Ali having a son other than Hassan & Hussain

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 62, Number 3671:

Narrated Muhammad bin Al-Hanafiya:

I asked my father ('Ali bin Abi Talib), "Who are the best people after Allah's Apostle(s)?" He said, "Abu Bakr." I asked, "Who then?" He said, "Then 'Umar. " I was afraid he would say "Uthman, so I said, "Then you?" He said, "I am only an ordinary person.

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 57, Number 3111-3112:

Narrated Ibn Al-Hanafiya:

If Ali had spoken anything bad about 'Uthman then he would have mentioned the day when some persons came to him and complained about the Zakat officials of 'Uthman. 'Ali then said to me, "Go to 'Uthman and say to him, 'this document contains the regulations of spending the Sadaqa of Allah's Apostle so order your Zakat officials to act accordingly." I took the document to 'Uthman. 'Uthman said, "Take it away, for we are not in need of it." I returned to 'Ali with it and informed him of that. He said, "Put it whence you took it."

Narrated Muhammad bin Suqa: I heard Mundhir At-Tuzi reporting Ibn Hanafiya who said, "My father sent me saying, 'Take this letter to 'Uthman for it contains the orders of the Prophet (s) concerning the Sadqa.' "

(3) Ali NOT inherited from Abu Talib 
being NOT a believer

(26) CHAPTER. Neither a Muslim can be the heir of a disbeliever, nor can a disbeliever be the heir of a Muslim. And if somebody becomes a Muslim before the property of his dead (disbeliever) relative is divided among the heirs, he will have no share.

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 85, Number 6764:

Narrated Usama bin Zaid:

The Prophet (s) said, "A Muslim cannot be the heir of a disbeliever, nor can a disbeliever be the heir of a Muslim."

Bukhari Volume 2, Book 25, Number 1588:

Narrated 'Usama bin Zaid:

I asked, "O Allah's Apostle! Where will you stay in Mecca? Will you stay in your house in Mecca?" He replied, "Has 'Aqil left any property or house?" Aqil along with Talib had inherited the property of Abu Talib. Jafar and Ali did not inherit anything as they were Muslims and the other two were non-believers. 'Umar bin Al-Khattab used to say, "A believer cannot inherit (anything from an) infidel." Ibn Shihab, (a sub-narrator) said, "They (Umar and others) derived the above verdict from Allah's Statement:

"Verily those who believed and Emigrated and strove with their life and property in Allah's Cause, and those who helped (the emigrants) and gave them their places to live in, these are (all) allies to one another." (8.72)

Those who embraced the Faith and emigrated from their homes and expended their possessions and their lives in the Way of Allah, and those who gave refuge to the emigrants and helped them, are indeed the guardians of one another. However, you have no relation of guardianship with those who have embraced the Faith, but have not emigrated (to Dar-ul-Islam) until they emigrates 50 (to it); yet it is obligatory on you to help them in the matters of Faith, if they ask for your help, except against a people with whom you have a treaty. 51 As for disbelievers, they help one another; unless you also help one another, there will be mischief and great disorder on the earth. 52 (8:72-73)

(4) Ali wanting to marry Abu Jahal’s daughter
Prophet (s) strongly disapproved

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 57, Number 3110:

Narrated 'Ali bin Al-Husain:

That when they reached Medina after returning from Yazid bin Mu'awaiya after the martyrdom of Husain bin 'Ali (may Allah bestow His Mercy upon him), Al-Miswar bin Makhrama met him and said to him, "Do you have any need you may order me to satisfy?" 'Ali said, "No." Al-Miswar said, Will you give me the sword of Allah's Apostle (s) for I am afraid that people may take it from you by force? By Allah, if you give it to me, they will never be able to take it till I die." When Ali bin Abu Talib demanded the hand of the daughter of Abi Jahal to be his wife besides Fatima, I heard Allah's Apostle (s) on his pulpit delivering a sermon in this connection before the people, and I had then attained my age of puberty. Allah's Apostle (s) said, "Fatima is from me, and I am afraid she will be subjected to trials in her religion (because of jealousy)." The Prophet (s) then mentioned one of his sons-in-law who was from the tribe of 'Abu Shams and he praised him as a good son-in-law, saying, "Whatever he said was the truth, and he promised me and fulfilled his promise. I do not make a legal thing illegal, nor do I make an illegal thing legal, but by Allah, the daughter of Allah's Apostle and the daughter of the enemy of Allah, (i.e. Abu Jahal) can never get together (as the wives of one man)

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 62, Number 3729:

(16) CHAPTER. Narrations about the son-in-law of the Prophet and one of them is Abu Al-As bin Ar-Rabi'

Narrated Al-Miswar bin Makhrama:

'Ali demanded the hand of the daughter of Abu Jahal. Fatima heard of this and went to Allah's Apostle saying, "Your people think that you do not become angry for the sake of your daughters as 'Ali is now going to marry the daughter of Abu Jahal. "On that Allah's Apostle (s) got up and after his recitation of Tashah-hud. I heard him saying, "Then after! I married one of my daughters to Abu Al-'As bin Al-Rabi' (the husband of Zainab, the daughter of the Prophet) before Islam and he proved truthful in whatever he said to me. No doubt, Fatima is a part of me and I hate to see her being troubled. By Allah, the daughter of Allah's Apostle and the daughter of Allah's Enemy cannot be the wives of one man." So 'Ali gave up that engagement.

'Al-Miswar further said: I heard the Prophet (s) talking and he mentioned a son-in-law of his belonging to the tribe of Bani 'Abd-Shams. He highly praised him concerning that relationship and said (whenever) he spoke to me, he spoke the truth, and whenever he promised me, he fulfilled his promise."

(5) “Ali you are from me”
Background adoption of Hamza’s daughter

(44) CHAPTER. The 'Umra Al-Qada' (i.e. an 'Umra performed in lieu of an abandoned or missed or being prevented 'Umra.)

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 64, Number 4251:

Narrated Al-Bara:

When the Prophet (s) went out for the 'Umra in the month of Dhal-Qa'da, the people of Mecca did not allow him to enter Mecca till he agreed to conclude a peace treaty with them by virtue of which he would stay in Mecca for three days only (in the following year). When the agreement was being written, the Muslims wrote: "This is the peace treaty, which Muhammad, Apostle of Allah has concluded."

The infidels said (to the Prophet), "We do not agree with you on this, for if we knew that you are Apostle of Allah we would not have prevented you for anything (i.e. entering Mecca, etc.), but you are Muhammad, the son of 'Abdullah." Then he said to 'Ali, "Erase (the name of) 'Apostle of Allah'." 'Ali said, "No, by Allah, I will never erase you (i.e. your name)." Then Allah's Apostle took the writing sheet...and he did not know a better writing and he wrote or got it the following written! "This is the peace treaty which Muhammad, the son of 'Abdullah, has concluded: "Muhammad should not bring arms into Mecca except sheathed swords, and should not take with him any person of the people of Mecca even if such a person wanted to follow him, and if any of his companions wants to stay in Mecca, he should not forbid him."

(In the next year) when the Prophet (s) entered Mecca and the allowed period of stay elapsed, the infidels came to Ali and said "Tell your companion (Muhammad) to go out, as the allowed period of his stay has finished." So the Prophet (s) departed (from Mecca) and the daughter of Hamza followed him shouting "O Uncle, O Uncle!" Ali took her by the hand and said to Fatima, "Take the daughter of your uncle." So she made her ride (on her horse). (When they reached Medina) 'Ali, Zaid and Ja'far quarreled about her. 'Ali said, "I took her for she is the daughter of my uncle." Ja'far said, "She is the daughter of my uncle and her aunt is my wife." Zaid said, "She is the daughter of my brother." On that, the Prophet (s) gave her to her aunt and said, "The aunt is of the same status as the mother." He then said to 'Ali, "You are from me, and I am from you," and said to Ja'far, "You resemble me in appearance and character," and said to Zai "You are our brother and our freed slave." 'Ali said to the Prophet (s) 'Won't you marry the daughter of Hamza?" The Prophet (s) said, "She is the daughter of my foster brother."

Note: There is a dire need to have proper knowledge and true background of certain cliché to remove false coating of “Make believe” ideas hurting Muslim unity today. Many of us Muslims may not know that such ideas are actually accumulated over centuries of the treacheries done by some turncoat conspirators and traitors like Abdullah bin Saba.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_ibn_Saba%27

Following Ahadis must also be studied to have more clarity on the subject; Ali severely punishing such apostate who were giving him extraordinary status of god incarnate, aiming to create division & schism amongst early Muslims, furthermore Ali always stood for Muslim Unity giving it more value than his own life.  

 (6) Ali’s hated people giving him extraordinary
status ordered such apostates to be burnt

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 88, Number 6922:                               

Narrated 'Ikrima:

Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle (s) forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle (s), 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"

Note 1: Atheist, heretics and naturalists in Arabic are called Zanadiqa, people having no belief in God having no morals such opportunists adapts to whatever faith looks more worldly useful. Some narrators believe people who were brought in front of Ali belonged to “Saba’aii” sect whose leader was Abdullah Bin Saba.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_ibn_Saba%27

This traitorous man was actually a Jew turned to Islam basically to bring harm to Muslims. Saba started spreading misinformation that Ali is a god incarnate as in Hindu mythology. When Ali came to know about these people he got them arrested and ordered them to be burned, these are the people referred as Zanadiqa in above Hadis. (From Urdu translation)

Note 2: Punishment by burning prerogative of Allah.

(7) Ali for unity in Muslim Ummah
even if had to pay own life

Bukhari Volume 5, Book 62, Number 3707:

Narrated Ubaida:

Ali said (to the people of 'Iraq), "Judge as you used to judge, for I hate differences (and I do my best) till the people unite as one group, or I die as my companions have died."

No comments:

Post a Comment