If thee shall go in search of knowledge thou shall come across a truth & the ultimate truth is Allah

Thursday 27 May 2021

ALLAH - LOVES HIS CREATION


Allah Loves & Forgives His creation




Important Note: dark blue are notes while black is copied from translations of Hadis and red is for Quranic Ayah & to highlight comments and certain parts in translation of “Sahih Bukhari” by Dr. Muhammad Mohsin Khan.


Strict rules were established by “Muhadiseen”, the Compilers of Hadis to ensure the authenticity of Ahadis. Each Hadis was carefully scrutinized before they decided to include it in their works by mainly checking the age, memory, piety and location of every individual in the chain of narrator, “Asnad” and the very text, “Matan” which qualified strict criterions such as not being against teachings of Quran, an already established Hadis, not against logic and accuracy of time and space, few to mention. Imam Bukhari a pioneer in this field collected some 600,000 Ahadis from which he included only 7397 with 4000 repetitions in his collection well known as SAHIH BUKHARI. However the reader must know that the division into chapters, selecting suitable headings for each chapter and brief introductory comments, where required, are the words of the “Muhadiseen” the Compilers of Ahadis and not that of the Prophet (s).


 


Therefore with passage of time when copies were being prepared by coming scholars from the original manuscript, the first of its kind, prepared by Bukhari some 12 hundred years ago; strict rules laid down by him for his work, were ensured as far as the content and text, “Matan” of Hadis is concerned. However the latter scholars mostly omitted lengthy chain of narrators for the sake of brevity and felt free to make minor changes in giving own words for headings of the chapters and brief commentary, to the best of their intellect and understanding; being the words of the compilers and not Prophet (s).


This is a reason that accuracy of the contents of Hadis is maintained till to date in the copies prepared from the works of Bukhari and other compilations such as Sahih Muslim, Sunan Abu Daoud, Sunan Ibn e Maja, Kitab ul Sunnah of Nisaie and Jami al Tirmizi. This brief insight will greatly help us in understanding the logic in the titles given to the chapters, brief comments and introductory notes given by the compilers with the contents and text of actual Hadis, which at times could raise question in the mind of the reader. 

 

For detailed study of the complete process of compilation of Ahadis and methods adopted for establishing authenticity of Hadis literature visit following link.

(1) “Nawafil” supererogatory worship best way to get closer to Allah

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 81, Number 6502:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, 'I will declare war against him who shows hostility to a pious worshipper of Mine. And the most beloved things with which My slave comes nearer to Me, is what I have enjoined upon him; and My slave keeps on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (praying or doing extra deeds besides what is obligatory) till I love him, so I become his sense of hearing with which he hears, and his sense of sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he grips, and his leg with which he walks; and if he asks Me, I will give him, and if he asks My protection (Refuge), I will protect him; (i.e. give him My Refuge) and I do not hesitate to do anything as I hesitate to take the soul of the believer, for he hates death, and I hate to disappoint him."

(2) Allah Descends to lowest Heavens Forgives those seeking forgiveness

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 80, Number 6321: [7494 Volume 9]

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "When it is the last third of the night, our Lord, the Blessed, the Superior, descends every night to the heaven of the world and says, 'Is there anyone who invokes Me (demand anything from Me), that I may respond to his invocation; Is there anyone who asks Me for something that I may give (it to) him; Is there anyone who asks My forgiveness that I may forgive him?' "(See Hadith No. 1145, Volume. 2)

(3) Repentance - Allah Love to Forgive

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 97, Number 7507:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard the Prophet (s) saying, "If somebody commits a sin and then says, 'O my Lord! I have sinned, please forgive me!' and his Lord says, 'My slave has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for it, I therefore have forgiven my slave (his sins).' Then he remains without committing any sin for a while and then again commits another sin and says, 'O my Lord, I have committed another sin, please forgive me,' and Allah says, 'My slave has known that he has a Lord who forgives sins and punishes for it, I therefore have forgiven my slave (his sin). Then he remains without committing any another sin for a while and then commits another sin (for the third time) and says, 'O my Lord, I have committed another sin, please forgive me,' and Allah says, 'My slave has known that he has a Lord Who forgives sins and punishes for it I therefore have forgiven My slave (his sin), he can do whatever he likes." (Faly’amal masha’a)

Translator’s Note: Allah will forgive one's sins if one repents and does not commit the same sin again but may forgive another sin.

 (4) Allah Loved Forgiving – Israelite murderer repentance accepted

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 60, Number 3470:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

The Prophet(s) said, "Amongst the men of Bani Israel there was a man who had murdered ninety-nine persons. Then he set out asking (whether his repentance could be accepted or not). He came upon a monk and asked him if his repentance could be accepted. The monk replied in the negative and so the man killed him. He kept on asking till a man advised to go to such and such village. (So he left for it) but death overtook him on the way. While dying, he turned his chest towards that village (where he had hoped his repentance would be accepted), and so the angels of mercy and the angels of punishment quarreled amongst themselves regarding him. Allah ordered the village (towards which he was going) to come closer to him, and ordered the village (whence he had come), to go far away, and then He ordered the angels to measure the distances between his body and the two villages. So he was found to be one span closer to the village (he was going to). So he was forgiven."

(5) Allah Loves people forgiving fellow beings

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 60, Number 3480:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "A man used to give loans to the people and used to say to his servant, 'If the debtor is poor, forgive him, so that Allah may forgive us.' So when he met Allah (after his death), Allah forgave him."

(6) Allah Loves people reciting Quran in good voice.

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 97, Number 7482:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah never listens to anything as He listens to the Prophet reciting Quran in a pleasant sweet sounding voice." A companion of Abu Huraira said, "He means, reciting the Quran aloud." (See H. 7544 and H. 5023, Vol. 6) 

(7) Returning good to even evil if possible

(35) CHAPTER. To be kind and lenient in all matters;

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 78, Number 6024:

Narrated 'Aisha:

(The wife of the Prophet) A group of Jews entered upon the Prophet (s) and said, "As-Samu-Alaikum." (i.e. death be upon you). I understood it and said, "Wa-Alaikum As-Samu wal-la'natu. (Death and the curse of Allah be upon you)." Allah's Apostle said "Be calm, O 'Aisha! Allah loves that one should be kind and lenient in all matters." I said, "O Allah's Apostle! Haven't you heard what they (the Jews) have said?" Allah's Apostle said "I have (already) said (to them) “Walyum” (meaning) "And upon you!”

(8) Allah Loves to meet who loves to meet Allah

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 97, Number 7504:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "Allah said, 'If My slaves loves the meeting with Me, I too love the meeting with him; and if he dislikes the meeting with Me, I too dislike the meeting with him.' "

(41) CHAPTER. Whoever loves to meet Allah, Allah (too) loves to meet him.

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 81, Number 6507:

Narrated 'Ubada bin As-Samit:

The Prophet said, "Who-ever loves to meet Allah, Allah (too) loves to meet him and who-ever hates to meet Allah, Allah (too) hates to meet him". 'Aisha, or some of the wives of the Prophet said, "But we dislike death." He said: It is not like this, but it is meant that when the time of the death of a believer approaches, he receives the good news of Allah's pleasure with him and His blessings upon him, and so at that time nothing is dearer to him than what is in front of him. He therefore loves the meeting with Allah, and Allah (too) loves the meeting with him. But when the time of the death of a disbeliever approaches, he receives the evil news of Allah's torment and His Requital, whereupon nothing is more hateful to him than what is before him. Therefore, he hates the meeting with Allah, and Allah too, hates the meeting with him."

(9) Allah Loves who love Surah Iklass as it mentions Attributes of the Beneficent

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 97, Number 7375:

Narrated 'Aisha:

The Prophet sent (an army unit) under the command of a man who used to lead his companions in the prayers and would finish his recitation with (the Sura 112): 'Say (O Muhammad): "He is Allah, the One." ‘(112.1) When they returned (from the battle), they mentioned that to the Prophet. He said (to them), "Ask him why he does so." They asked him and he said, "I do so because it mentions the Qualities of the Beneficent and I love to recite it (in my prayer)." The Prophet; said (to them), "Tell him that Allah loves him"

(10) Allah Tests prophets’ pious people more to shed away their sins

 (3) CHAFFER. The people most prone to trials are Prophets, and then the most pious people, and then the less pious and so on.

Bukhari Volume 7, Book 75, Number 5648:

Narrated 'Abdullah:

I visited Allah's Messenger while he was suffering from a high fever. I said, O’ Allah’s Messenger! You have a high fever." He said, "Yes, I have as much fever as two men of you." I said, "Is it because you will have a double reward?" He said, "Yes, it is so. No Muslim is afflicted with any harm, even if it were the prick of a thorn, but that Allah expiates his sins because of that, as a tree sheds its leaves."

Bukhari Volume 7, Book 75, Number 5646:

Narrated Aisha:

I never saw anybody suffering so much from sickness as Allah's Apostle

(11) Allah’s Right on His slave & slave’s right on Allah

Bukhari Volume 7, Book 77, Number 5967: [2856, 6267 Volume 8]

Narrated Mu'adh bin Jabal

While I was riding behind the Prophet and between me and him and between me and him there was only the back of the saddle, he said, "0’ Mu'adh!" I replied, "Labbaik, 0’ Allah's Apostle, and Sa'daik!" he said, "Do you know what Allah’s right upon his slave is?" I said, "Allah and His Apostle know best" He said "Allah's right upon his slaves is that they should worship Him alone and not worship anything else besides Him." Then he proceeded for a while and then said, "O Muadh bin Jabal!" I replied, "Labbaik, O Allah's Apostle: Sa'daik!' He said, "Do you know what the right of the slaves upon Allah is if they do that?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know best." He said, "The right of the slaves upon Allah is that He will not punish them (if they do that)."

(12) Fear of meeting Allah got dead body burnt – Allah forgives having fear

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 60, STORIES OF THE PROPHETS, Number 3452:

Narrated Rabi bin Hirash:

Hudhaifa further said, "I also heard him saying, 'once there was a man on his death-bed, who, losing every hope of surviving said to his family: When I die, gather for me a large heap of wood and make a fire (to burn me). When the fire eats my meat and reaches my bones, and when the bones burn, take and crush them into powder and wait for a windy day to throw it (i.e. the powder) over the sea. They did so, but Allah collected his particles and asked him:

Why did you do so? He replied: For fear of You. So Allah forgave him." 'Uqba bin 'Amr said, "I heard him saying that the Israeli used to dig the grave of the dead (to steal their shrouds)."

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 60, Number 3478:

Narrated Abu Sa'id:

The Prophet said, "Amongst the people before your age, there was a man whom Allah had given a lot of money. While he was in his death-bed, he called his sons and said, 'What type of father have I been to you? They replied, 'You have been a good father.' He said, 'I have never done a single good deed; so when I die, burn me, crush my body, and scatter the resulting ashes on a windy day.' His sons did accordingly, but Allah gathered his particles and asked (him), 'What made you do so?' He replied, "Fear of you.' So Allah bestowed His Mercy upon him. (Forgave him)."

(25) CHAPTER. To be afraid of Allah

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 81, Number 6480: [3481, 7506]

Narrated Hudhaifa:

The Prophet said, "There was a man amongst the people who had suspicion as to the righteousness of his deeds. Therefore he said to his family, 'If I die, take me and burn my corpse and throw my ashes into the sea on a hot (or windy) day.' They did so, but Allah, collected his particles and asked (him), what made you do what you did?' He replied, 'The only thing that made me do it, was that I was afraid of You.' So Allah forgave him."

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 81, Number 6481:

Narrated Abu Said:

The Prophet mentioned a man from the previous generation or from the people preceding your age whom Allah had given both wealth and children. The Prophet said, "When the time of his death approached, he asked his children, 'what type of father have I been to you?' They replied: You have been a good father. He said, 'But he (i.e. your father) has not stored any good deeds with Allah (for the Hereafter): if he should face Allah, Allah will punish him. So listen, (O my children), when I die, burn my body till I become mere coal and then grind it into powder, and when there is a stormy wind, throw me (my ashes) in it.' So he took a firm promise from his children (to follow his instructions). And by Allah they (his sons) did accordingly (fulfilled their promise.) Then Allah said, "Be"' and behold! That man was standing there! Allah then said. "O my slave! What made you do what you did?" That man said, "Fear of You." So Allah forgave him.

(13) Forgives bad deeds intended but NOT done

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 83, Number 6664:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

 The Prophet (s) said, "Allah forgives my followers those (evil deeds) their own selves may whisper or suggest to them as long as they do not act (on it) or speak."

 (14) Love of Allah for His creation I am to My slave as he thinks of Me

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 97, Number 7405:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Allah says: 'I am just as My slave thinks I am, (i.e. I am able to do for him what he thinks I can do for him) and I am with him if He remembers Me. If he remembers Me in himself, I too, remember him in Myself; and if he remembers Me in a group of people, I remember him in a group that is better than they; and if he comes one span nearer to Me, I go one cubit nearer to him; and if he comes one cubit nearer to Me, I go a distance of two outstretched arms nearer to him; and if he comes to Me walking, I go to him running.' "

(15) Love of Allah & Prophet (s) true submission having Big Reward

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 7153:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:

While the Prophet (s) and I were coming out of the mosque, a man met us outside the gate. The man said, "0’ Allah's Messenger! When will be the Hour?" The Prophet (s) asked him, "What have you prepared for it?" The man became afraid and ashamed and then said, "0’ Allah’s Messenger! I haven't prepared for it much of Siyam (fasting), Salat (prayers) or charitable gifts but I love Allah and His Messenger." The Prophet (s) said, "You will be with the one whom you love."

 (16) Allah’s Mercy good deed recorded before doing & bad deed till committed

Bukhari Volume 8, Book 81, Number 6491 

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:

The Prophet narrating about his Lord said, "Allah ordered (the appointed angels over you) that the good and the bad deeds be written, and He then showed (the way) how (to write). If somebody intends to do a good deed and he does not do it, then Allah will write for him a full good deed (in his account with Him); and if he intends to do a good deed and actually did it, then Allah will write for him (in his account) with Him (its reward equal) from ten to seven hundred times to many more times: and if somebody intended to do a bad deed and he does not do it, then Allah will write a full good deed (in his account) with Him, and if he intended to do it (a bad deed) and actually did it, then Allah will write one bad deed (in his account) ."

(17) When Allah Loves Gabriel ordered to announce in Heaves all love that person

Bukhari Volume 4, Book 59, Number 3209: [7485 Volume 9]

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "If Allah loves a person, He calls Gabriel saying, 'Allah loves so and-so; O Gabriel! Love him.' Gabriel would love him and make an announcement amongst the inhabitants of the Heaven. 'Allah loves so-and-so, therefore you should love him also,' and so all the inhabitants of the Heaven would love him, and then he is granted the pleasure of the people on the earth." [See Hadith No. 6040, Volume. 8] 

No comments:

Post a Comment